Learn to say ‘no’ without explaining yourself.
Lost in Hell,-Persephone, Take her head upon your knee; Say to her, "My dear, my dear, It is not so dreadful here."
Edna St. Vincent Millay
i want female villains whose backstory don’t revolve around men breaking their hearts or wanting to be more beautiful than another girl i want female villains who are evil for the fun of it and i want female villains with tragic backstories that don’t revolve around men i want female villains with backstories and motives just as diverse and complex as male villains i’m so sick of female villains who are only motivated by men and girlhate
okay but can i just
The Hardy Boys are On the Line! Use your mobile phone to hear potentially lifesaving tips from Frank and Joe
Frank and Joe
The character assassination of Michael Brown | Al Jazeera America »
The New York Times’ disgraceful smear captures America’s unwillingness to give black teenagers equal respect…………Consider the repeated appeal to culture to explain persistent inequality and violence. We are asked to believe that the major impediments to livelihood and opportunity for black youth are sagging pants and use of the N-word, as Don Lemon fervently stated in a segment on CNN last year. These arguments let government and business leaders off of the hook for generations of carefully planned economic exclusion and exploitation, such as red-lining, discriminatory school funding formulas and a drug war that has torn black communities apart. At the same time that dozens of states across the nation have decriminalized the use of marijuana, the Times suggests that Brown’s and Martin’s alleged marijuana use were contributing factors to their killings — an argument that, in all its insidious fear-mongering, contradicts nearly all published research on marijuana. By continuing to place blame on unarmed teenagers for their shootings at the hands of officers of the law, we dismiss the greater responsibility that sits squarely on this nation’s shoulders.
A museum curator hires you to assist with the most anticipated event of the year, but artifacts from the exhibit are mysteriously disappearing. Are these mishaps connected to the amphitheater’s upcoming performance? Or is an unseen villain pulling strings behind the scenes? Uncover the truth and recover the missing artifacts from the Labyrinth of Lies!
Plain vinegar? I love salt and vinegar chips! Not the plain stuff though. :p That bookshop fact is so interesting! And entertaining. :)
plain vinegar! and jflkdajfldsa just be prepared if we’re ever hanging out and we end up in a bookstore. IT BETTER HAVE A BATHROOM or we’ll have to leave abruptly fjdlkf;hfa;l
Because reasons, when you get this, post 5 random facts about yourself and then send this to 10 of your favorite followers. (Spoilers: You're my top favorite. <3)
OH GOSH OH GOSH :’333
- I’m really really weirded out by people eating crustaceans/the idea of eating crustaceans tbh. I… I don’t know, they just look so fucking alive still and I almost ended up vomiting sitting across from josh as he ate a fucking lobster because it’s his favorite food and we had a great gift card. thaaat’s not so awesome. I can’t eat shrimp, either, not if it looks like how it did when it was still alive. I need that shit hacked up and thrown into shrimp poppers. those, I like.
- I like the taste of plain vinegar. Sometimes I just take sips of it because. I like. The taste. So much. /)_(\
- That bookshop thing I mentioned? It’s totally true. It also applies in libraries, especially some of the stacks in Watson on my campus, like really fucking nice libraries, you know? Put me in a place with a lot of books where I feel comfortable and where I want everything and I’m just kind of in awe and in under five minutes, I’m guaranteed to have to go to the bathroom. It’s a marking thing?? IDK MAN I JUST REALLY LOVE BOOKS IN A WEIRD WAY AND I WANT THEM ALL
- I’m an aspiring crazy cat lady. If it weren’t for Josh I would have just gotten more and more kittens but GOD I JUST I JUST REALLY LOVE CATS OKAY
- There are so many times that I have bitten my tongue and kept from just speaking my goddamn mind on this fucking website about even the smallest of things because I’m so terrified I’m going to horrifically offend somebody. This even applies for stupid shit like I DON’T LIKE X CELEBRITY/ACTOR/PERFORMER ugh it’s so dumb especially when lbr here everyone’s faves are problematic in some way or another and no one has a squeaky clean record aside from really terrifying people like serial killers and soccer moms.
You found me, mouth like a pomegranate
picking flowers in my mother’s field.
An invitation of sorts.
You took it as one and spent five months
thinking about slipping your fingers into my mouth.
I think the Earth changed the day we met,
It had been waiting for you to bare your teeth
and swallow me whole
It had been waiting for the cup of your palm
around my neck except you didn’t have to beg baby
you said “let me show you what flowers look like
from the earth up.”
and I said “yes, please. Show me your flowers,
show me your dead, show me your fingers.”
My mother warned me about gods like you,
hungry, greedy gods like you
all desire and no thought
all want and no logic
I was the same.
I skipped with you into hell
Artemis knows dragged, I know this:
I held my arms outwards and let you tie them
so softly that I asked what they were made of
and you said “prayers.”
We kissed at the entrance, open-mouthed
we kissed like we were starving,
kissed like the dead were crawling out of hell
I decorated your dark with flowers
and sat on your lap and fed you petals.
It makes me burn when they say
“Hades stole Persephone.”
and I tell them “No.
I stole him.”
Francy on social media [insp]
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
So often, a visit to a bookshop has cheered me and reminded me that there are good things in the world.
Vincent Van Gogh (via gensdumonde)